Dear PSSRC Members and Friends,
We are kindly inviting you to participate in the 11th Annual Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Solid State Research Cluster (PSSRC), which will take place in Graz, Austria from June 28th-30th, 2017. The 11th Annual Meeting continues a successful series of meetings since its establishment in 2006 and has already been held in Düsseldorf, Cambridge, Helsinki, Lisbon, Lille, Ljubljana, Ghent and Copenhagen. The PSSRC 2017 aims at providing a forum for the dissemination of information about research advancement in the field of solid state pharmaceutics, and to identify new challenging issues of pharmaceutical interest, both in the pharmaceutical industry and academia.
The main focus of the meeting will lie on:
· Advanced Manufacturing
· Physicochemical Pharmaceutics
The symposium starts with a closed meeting for cluster members only (“Closed Part”, June 28th-29th), and will end with an “Open Day” for Industry and Academia (June 30th), during which the more senior cluster members will present their research to the wider pharmaceutical community across academia and industry.
The Symposium offers an excellent opportunity for networking and scientific interactions with colleagues and friends within the PSSRC (Closed Part), but also with peers from the private sector (Open Day).
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Graz!
With best regards,
Johannes Khinast on behalf of the Organizing Committee
Prof. Dr. Johannes Khinast, Graz University of Technology, Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering GmbH (Chair)
Prof. Clare J. Strachan, University of Helsinki
Dr. Axel Zeitler, University of Cambridge
Mag. Michaela Cibulka, Graz University of Technology
Roswitha Schober, Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering GmbH
Call for abstracts and registration
Guidelines for abstract submission
Download the abstract template at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
While preparing your abstract, it is suggested to consider the following:
- The abstract should be as informative as possible. State the purpose and conclusion of the study as simple and as specifically as possible.
- The abstract should be submitted in English only.
- The abstract should be prepared as a Word file using the supplied template. The abstract template includes specific instructions on the format of title, author and affiliations. Abstract length should not exceed one page. Figures and tables are allowed, provided that the abstract stays within the page length requirements and meets the formatting guidelines.
- References should be numbered consecutively through the text and a separate list of references must be given.
- Please save your abstract as a .docx. If you have more than one abstract, please name them as follows: yourfirstname_yourlastname_1.docx, yourfirstname_yourlastname_2.docx, etc. Please do not retain the original filename of the abstract template.
Guidelines for presenters
- All presentations should be prepared in PPT file format.
- No poster session is planned.
- Presentations should last 20 minutes including discussion
Krone Business and Event Center
The conference will be held in auditorium „Jupiter“ and room „Neptun“
Please find a map of the Krone Center here:
Social Event, 28.6.2017
We cordially invite you to join the social event on June 28th, 2017 at 6 pm at the conference venue. Have a chat with the other participants with drinks and snacks during an informal icebreaking session.
Conference Dinner, 29.6.2017
We kindly invite you to join us at the PSSRC Conference Dinner with Styrian food and wine on June 29th, 2017. Details about the venue will be announced in time. We are looking forward to an exciting evening with you!
For last-minute hotel reservations please use our online hotel reservation system
Ms. Almut Fuchs-Fehringer
Graz Convention Bureau